Here are some easily avoidable mistakes you should know to keep your image and inbox in tip-top shape.
Failing to follow e-mail etiquette:
- Don't write when you're angry. Calm down. Have someone else edit your e-mail.
- Don't use sarcasm. You may think you're clever, but the recipient will be put off.
- DON'T USE ALL UPPERCASE! That's the e-mail equivalent of yelling. Go easy on the exclamation marks, too. Overuse dulls their effectiveness.
- Use clear subject lines. That will help people decide whether to read the e-mail now or later.
- Keep it short. If your e-mail is more than two paragraphs, maybe you should use the telephone.
E-mail is almost like talking. We use it so much that we don't really think about it. But there are rules and courtesies, just as there are with talking. Giving them some additional thought could make your e-mail experience more satisfying and your recipients much happier.
Tech Tip: Three Battery Tips for Mobile Gadgets
How do you make sure your batteries last as long as possible? Here are three tips:
The single biggest mistake users make is leaving them plugged in to the charger for lengthy periods after they've been fully recharged. How do you avoid overcharging? Remove the charger right after the battery is fully charged.
Use them at regular intervals
This is a problem that affects spare batteries, but it can also be a factor on a backup unit, such as a second cell phone. Batteries have to be used in order to get the most out of them.
Stay away from cheap replacements
Many lesser-known but cheaper brands cut corners when they make their batteries. Worse, the batteries may be defective because most low-end batteries are refurbished. Go with a recognized brand and buy from a reputable source.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com