RISMEDIA, August 2, 2007—By the time Thursday rolls around in the work week, we’ve been so busy that we don’t even realize we’re only a day away from the weekend. Take a few moments to escape your busy day with some thoughts on relaxation, as quoted by some familiar celebrities.
- To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the last product of civilization, and at present very few people have reached this level. Bertrand Russell (1872 – 1970), Conquest of Happiness.
- This art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing from it all care and worry is probably one of the secrets of energy in our great men. Captain J. A. Hadfield
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles. Charlie Chaplin
- Put duties aside at least an hour before bed and perform soothing, quiet activities that will help you relax. Dianne Hales
- No matter how much pressure you feel at work, if you could find ways to relax for at least five minutes every hour, you’d be more productive. Dr. Joyce Brothers
- During [these] periods of relaxation after concentrated intellectual activity, the intuitive mind seems to take over and can produce the sudden clarifying insights which give so much joy and delight. Fritjof Capra, physicist
- He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul’s estate. Henry David Thoreau
- If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad or become unstable without knowing it. Herodotus
- To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment. Jane Austen
- Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which can only be acquired by occasional retirement. Johann Georg von Zimmermann
- Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it’s right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it. Oprah Winfrey
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com