2007 Year of Milestones for Global Real Estate Franchisor
RISMEDIA, August 10, 2007–RE/MAX real estate pros from around the globe will descend on Denver this week for the Annual RE/MAX International Summer Conference for Broker/Owners and Managers, August 12-15.
The company is also marking several major milestones in 2007, including its new International Headquarters in Denver, and two prestigious awards received at the Pentagon for supporting severely wounded veterans re-entering civilian life and a career development program for military spouses and ex-military personnel.
The event’s keynote speaker is RE/MAX International’s Chairman and Co-Founder Dave Liniger, whose reputation for building one of the world’s largest and most successful real estate networks is legend in the industry.
“After experiencing several record-breaking years in the real estate market and the recent market correction, RE/MAX International is now poised for the next era in its history,” said Liniger. “Our broker/owners and managers have been critical in building this business into what it is today – the most recognized real estate network in the world. We look forward to our exchange every year, but this year we’ll be celebrating a number of landmark accomplishments.”
RE/MAX International’s 2007 Milestones include:
- International headquarters moves in to a new, 14-story building in Denver’s high-powered Tech Center, as Company-Operated-Regions double in size, with the buy back of franchises in California, Hawaii, Florida and the Carolinas.
- RE/MAX Europe passes the 10,000 agent mark. Having offices in more than 65 countries, RE/MAX has more international locations than any other US real estate franchisor.
- REMAX.com is the most visited Web site of any national real estate brand, offering over 90% of all home listings in the U.S. The new Web-based application, LeadStreet, generates a record 3 million leads for RE/MAX agents.
- RE/MAX University is established. The premier educational institution includes 24/7 Internet courses, nationwide classroom instruction, a library of training materials and RE/MAX Satellite Network, which received 16 national awards this year alone.
- RE/MAX is named the number one real estate franchise in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500, and is listed in the Top 25 franchise opportunities by Hispanic Enterprise Magazine.
- In special Pentagon ceremonies, RE/MAX receives the Exceptional Public Service Award for Operation RE/MAX and a cash grant for The Sentinels of Freedom. RE/MAX is also named the country’s third best military-spouse employer by Military Spouse Magazine.
- The Sentinels of Freedom Scholarship Foundation, which assists severely-wounded veterans, expands nationally, with community teams operating in three states.
- RE/MAX International passes the $75 million mark for total funds raised for Children’s Miracle Network, and continues as the national co-sponsor of The Breast Cancer Survivor Recognition Program at Komen Race for the Cure events.
- The RE/MAX Communications Department wins 21 Hermes Creative Awards.
This exclusive, annual conference being held at The Colorado Convention Center is expected to attract more than 1,000 participants from 44 states and 15 countries. Chief Executive Officer, Margaret Kelly, will also be a featured speaker. She will be joined by numerous industry power houses, motivational speakers including, Kevin Carroll, author of the book, Role of the Red Rubber Ball. Carroll was the brainpower behind the Lance Armstrong wristband phenomenon.
The four-day event will focus on positioning the organization to lead the industry forward in 2008, and will also include a welcome reception and tour of the new RE/MAX International headquarters at Belleview and I-25, social networking events in Denver and Winter Park, and a golf outing at The Sanctuary, Dave and Gail Linger’s renowned private golf course.
The RE/MAX conference is also expected to provide a significant addition to Denver’s economy. The Denver Convention & Visitor’s Bureau (DMCVB) estimates the conference, and its invited guests, could mean a nearly $2.5 million boost to Denver’s tourism economy.
“We’re excited to entertain RE/MAX broker/owners and managers at the Colorado Convention Center,” said Tiffany Alexion, Convention Services Manager of the DMCVB. “These visitors not only serve the Denver economy, but they give us an opportunity to show off our beautiful city and its many local attractions.”
RE/MAX has more than 121,000 agents worldwide and continues to lead the industry in top markets with cutting-edge technologies like the comprehensive property search engine on www.remax.com and the RE/MAX Satellite Network (RSN), that provides associates with award-winning programming, coaching and training in the convenience of their offices or homes. RSN is delivered via Denver-based EchoStar’s, DISH Network.
RE/MAX International, Inc. was founded by Dave and Gail Liniger in Denver, CO in 1973. After thirty-four years of continuous growth, RE/MAX has become a global real estate network, represented by over 121,000 sales associates in more than 65 countries around the world. Today, more than 90 percent of all home listings, more than any national real estate brand, can be found on www.remax.com.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com