RISMEDIA, Oct. 2, 2007-With the month of October comes the realization that it is no longer summer. Children are back in school and the temperature seems to dip just a little more each day. In recognition of this season of change, we highlight some inspirational quotes about autumn.
- “Fiery colors begin their yearly conquest of the hills, propelled by the autumn winds. Fall is the artist.” Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata
- “It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.” P.D. James
- “Autumn is the bite of the harvest apple.” Christina Petrowsky
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” John Muir
- “A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air.” Eric Sloane.
- “For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.” Edwin Teale
- “If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It’s a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it’s time to reflect on what’s come before.” Mitchell Burgess
- “There is a harmony in autumn, and a lustre in its sky, Which through the summer is not heard or seen, As if it could not be, as if it had not been!” Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.” Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “Autumn’s the mellow time.” William Allingham
- “Beauty for some provides escape, who gain a happiness in eyeing the gorgeous buttocks of the ape or Autumn sunsets exquisitely dying.” Langston Hughes
Source: BrainyQuote.com, TheQuotationsPage.com.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com