RISMEDIA, Nov. 7, 2007-The Swanepoel TRENDS Report, a publication detailing the Top 10 trends shaping the real estate industry every year, is once again nearing its final stages of research. This year, The 2008 Swanepoel TRENDS Report is expected to exceed last year’s 159 pages and should weigh in around 170 pages, according to a spokesperson for The Report.
As the residential real estate brokerage industry moves through the 10 – 15 year industry transition – one that is creating confusion, turmoil, retirement, regret and frustration, but above all huge opportunities in the industry – brokers and agents alike are in dire need of quality research and guidance concerning which trends will impact the business, show a strong tendency toward longer term growth and/or have a possible structural impact on the residential real estate industry.
Information for The Report is based on: origin of the concept or trend; the driving force behind it; its lifecycle and maturity; the industry demand or need for the result; its growth pattern and its potential impact on the industry.
In 2007 the Top 10 trends were:
1. The Impact of New Real Estate Business Models such as Internet Real Estate, Multi-level Marketing, Flat-fee MLS and Annuity Brokerages.
2. The Democratization and Standardization of Real Estate Information including the changes in Multiple Listing Services.
3. The Importance of Competing, Combating or Collaborating with Web 2.0.
4. Finding New and Better Ways to Work with the New Consumer / Generation X.
5. Dealing with the Growing Poor Image of Real Estate Real Estate Brokers and Agents.
6. The Changing Consumer and Realtor Demographics.
7. Understanding the Race for Brand Recognition and Critical Mass
8. The Opportunities of Globalization, Immigration and Minority Markets.
9. The Changing Role of Realtor Associations.
10. The Legacy of the Housing Bubble, Foreclosures, Fraud and Declining Commissions
The December issue of the RISMedia’s Real Estate magazine will include a feature story by Stefan Swanepoel, author of The Report, where he discusses what transpired in 2007 and which of the trends will extend into 2008. For a list and analysis of the Top 10 real estate trends for 2008, and recommended action steps, read The 2008 Swanepoel TRENDS Report.
“Buy this Report-it is a must-read,” says Harley Rouda, CEO of Real Living.
Terry Penza, CEO of the North Shore Barrington Association of Realtors®, says that “I always look forward to reading the next Swanepoel Trends Report. It provides a concise and understandable vision into the future.”
RISMedia, co-publishers of the Report along with RealSure, Inc., are offering RISMedia readers a special pre-publication opportunity to secure a copy of The Report in advance for a special 20% discount for orders placed before year’s end.
For more information, visit www.RealEstateBooks.org and use the promo code RISAdvance08.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com