- RISMedia - http://rismedia.com -
Top Tips for a Greener Holiday Workplace
Posted By Paige On December 17, 2007 @ 3:54 PM In Today's Home Spun Wisdom | Comments Disabled
RISMEDIA, Dec. 18, 2007-A recent survey shows that while more than half of the companies polled have year-round green programs, few have instituted special procedures to take advantage of sparsely populated offices during the second half of December.
Genesys Conferencing released the results of a recent survey of more than 15,000 users among its Global 1000 customers, to gain insight into how companies are creating Green programs to address special opportunities around the holiday vacation season.
The survey also painted a picture of a highly committed workforce. More than half of vacationers plan to do some office related work from home. And nearly half said that they would be even more inclined to keep in contact with co-workers back at the office if they had the ability to participate in virtual Web conferences from home during their time off.
More than half of respondents (58%) say that their company has put policies in place to help preserve our natural environment.
Less than one third of respondents (30%) believe that their company has special holiday related energy efficiency programs to take advantage of sparsely populated offices.
More than half (62%) plan to take vacation days to extend their holiday time off.
More than half (55%) plan to do some office related work on their holiday vacation days.
Nearly half (44%) say they would be more likely to work during the holidays if they could participate in work meetings virtually from home, on Web conference calls.
Five Top Tips for a Greener Holiday Workplace
1. Turn off lights, computers and office equipment in empty cubes, offices and low-traffic common areas
2. Avoid decorations that use electricity and display a live tree that can then be planted outside the building
3. Avoid unnecessary travel – the #1 polluter – by providing virtual meeting capabilities for people working from home during their vacation
4. Relax dress codes to save on laundry and dry cleaning energy
5. Close cafeterias and use money saved for special treats to reward people for brown-bagging it
For more information, visit http://www.genesys.com/save .
Article printed from RISMedia: http://rismedia.com
URL to article: http://rismedia.com/2007-12-17/top-tips-for-a-greener-holiday-workplace/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.genesys.com/save: http://www.genesys.com/save
Copyright © 2012 RISMedia. All rights reserved.