RISMEDIA, April 6, 2007-Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc. has announced that it has named Dan Forsman, president and CEO of Prudential Georgia Realty in Atlanta, as its Broker of the Year. Forsman received his award at the company's recent annual sales convention held in San Diego, where nearly 6,000 real estate professionals attended, the company reports.
"Dan is a successful visionary who has grown his business to 24 offices with a sales volume of nearly $3 billion a year," said Laurie Keenan, president of Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc. "He has developed products to improve his company and benefit sales professionals, but he is known first for his great character and for being a compassionate person who knows each of his 1,500 employees by name."
Forsman's many awards include being named one of the "Top 40 Businessmen Under the Age of 40," and in 2004, he was named Realtor of the Year by the Atlanta Board of Realtors. He is a past president of the Atlanta Board of Realtors.
In addition to his sales successes, Forsman is devoted to the larger community, the company reports. His company is actively involved in supporting Habitat for Humanity, March of Dimes, and the Sunshine Kids, the charity of choice for Prudential Real Estate that supports children with cancer. His company also participates in Prudential's annual Backpack Challenge to give hundreds of backpacks filled with personal necessities to foster children. Forsman started the ‘We Care' program in 2000 at Prudential Georgia Realty to reward employees for their acts of kindness and generosity.
The Prudential Real Estate Broker of the Year award, one of the company's most highly esteemed awards, recognizes the top broker in the Prudential Real Estate Network as a "best practices" role model.
Prudential Real Estate also honored the Network's top achieving individuals, teams and companies during its annual sales convention. Major award winners include:
– No. 1 company in the Network based on gross commission income (GCI): Prudential California Realty, Southern California and Central Coast
– No. 1 sales professional based on GCI: Dolly Lenz, Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY)
– No. 1 sales professional based on residential unit sales: Keith Baker, Prudential Burroughs & Chapin Realty, Inc. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
– No. 1 sales team for residential unit sales and GCI: Mike McCann and his Five Star Team, Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS® (Philadelphia, PA)
– No. 1 office by GCI: Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY)
– No. 1 office by residential unit sales: Prudential Jack White/Vista Real Estate (Anchorage, AK)
According to Prudential, companies are selected based upon outstanding performance records, high levels of customer service and shared business values with those of Prudential. Prudential Real Estate provides franchises with business strategies using Operation Reviews as well as numerous benefits, including an exclusive marketing relationship with Yahoo! Real Estate, access to Prudential Real Estate's Online Seller Advantage program that provides real-time information to sellers with the touch of a keystroke, as well as the Prudential Military AdvantageSM Program catering to both active and retired military personnel with specialized marketing tools to fit the needs of military families on the move.
For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.