RISMEDIA, May 1, 2007-Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc., a Prudential Financial company, has announced that in 2006 its Network members donated a record-breaking $2.3 million to The Sunshine Kids, Prudential Real Estate's charity of choice.
The Sunshine Kids is a national non-profit organization dedicated to children with cancer. Established in 1982 in Houston, Sunshine Kids Events provides a variety of free programs for children receiving cancer treatments in hospitals across the United States, Canada and Mexico. The organization is funded by contributions from individuals, corporations and philanthropic foundations.
"It's an honor to be associated with The Sunshine Kids," said Laurie Keenan, president, Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc. "Our Network members have embraced The Sunshine Kids since 1991, and we are proud to support the organization's endeavors of making life better for young cancer patients."
Prudential Real Estate Network members raised money for The Sunshine Kids in a number of ways – some held golf tournaments, dinners, galas and silent auctions, while others donated a certain amount or percentage from every home listed. The top 10 contributing companies are:
1. Prudential Florida WCI Realty (Plantation, Fla.), $312,343
2. Prudential GARY GREENE, REALTORS®, (Houston, Texas) $301,207
3. Prudential Connecticut Realty (Rocky Hill, Conn.), $271,753
4. Prudential Americana Group REALTORS® (Las Vegas, Nev.), $177,992
5. Prudential Georgia Realty (Roswell, Ga.), $163,109
6. Prudential California Realty (Torrance, Calif.), $100,500
7. Prudential Serls Prime Properties (Hopewell Junction, NY), $100,000
8. Prudential New Jersey Properties (Somerset, NJ), $98,744
9. Prudential Arizona Properties (Scottsdale, Ariz.), $97,912
10.Prudential Carruthers REALTORS® (Severna Park, Md.), $82,096
G.W. Bailey, executive director of The Sunshine Kids Foundation said, "Prudential Real Estate is the class act of the real estate industry. Due to their efforts, we had the opportunity to give more kids fighting cancer the chance to smile."
National events provided for young cancer patients by The Sunshine Kids include trips to New Orleans, Steamboat Springs, Las Vegas, Washington, D.C., the Texas Hill Country, New York City, Los Angeles, Orlando and Hawaii.
For more information, visit www.prudential.com.