RISMEDIA, Feb. 13, 2008-With Valentine’s Day just a day away, Amazon.com, Inc. announced its list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in America. After compiling sales data of romance novels, relationship and sex books since Jan. 1, 2008, on a per capita basis in cities with over 100,000 residents, the top 20 most romantic cities in the United States are:
1. Alexandria, Va. 11. Washington, D.C.
2. Cambridge, Mass. 12. Pasadena, Calif.
3. Miami, Fla. 13. Bellevue, Wash.
4. Irvine, Calif. 14. Seattle, Wash
5. Ann Arbor, Mich. 15. San Francisco, Calif.
6. Orlando, Fla. 16. Columbia, S.C.
7. Berkeley, Calif. 17. Tallahassee, Fla.
8. Scottsdale, Ariz. 18. Austin, Texas
9. Arlington, Va. 19. Richmond, Va.
10. Atlanta, Ga. 20. Knoxville, Tenn.
In taking a closer look at Amazon.com’s ‘romantic’ data, the company also unveiled that:
- Virginia really is for lovers, with three cities – Alexandria, Arlington and Richmond – ranked amongst the top 20 Most Romantic Cities.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. is the Sexiest City in America with 24% of its romantic Amazon purchases coming from books about sex.
- Cambridge, Mass. is the Most Relationship Savvy City in America with 58% of its romantic Amazon purchases coming from books about relationships.
- And lastly, rounding out the bottom of the list are Pomona, Calif., El Monte, Calif. and Salt Lake City, Utah as the cities least interested in romance coming in with the fewest number of romance, relationship and sex book purchases, on a per capita basis, out of 236 cities.
For more information, visit www.amazon.com/books.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com