RISMEDIA, March 7, 2008-GMAC Global Relocation Services will offer a complimentary “Webinar” presentation exploring aspects of doing business and living in Canada, one of the world’s largest and most culturally diverse countries. Titled “Business Interactions with Canadians,” the Webinar takes place Tuesday, March 11 at 11 a.m. Eastern.
Understanding the vast country-its population is 32.8 million and it is the world’s second-largest country after Russia-is vitally important for those doing business there, according to GMAC Global Relocation Services.
The Webinar will help companies and transferees better understand the country’s unique dynamics, including:
– While both English and French are the official languages, more than 50 languages are spoken across the country.
– Doing business with an Indo-Canadian company in Vancouver is likely to be quite different from doing business with an Anglo-Canadian firm in Toronto.
– Similarly, doing business in Quebec, with its French traditions and culture, is also quite different from doing business in the rest of Canada.
“Canada is one of the most diverse, culturally complex and exciting countries in the world, and that’s what makes it such a dynamic place to live and work,” said GMAC Global Relocation Services Senior Vice President Scott Sullivan. “These dynamics bring a host of challenges to companies and employees.”
Specifically, the Webinar will:
– Provide an overview and explanation of life in Canada.
– Discuss common stereotypes and perceptions of Canadian nationals.
– Analyze business and social protocol “do’s and don’ts” for interacting and working in Canada.
– Suggest communication strategies for bridging cultural differences between personal, national and the target cultures.
Participation in the Webinar is free and limited to the first 100 registrants.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com