RISMEDIA, March 31, 2008-GMAC Global Relocation Services will offer a complimentary Webinar presentation exploring aspects of doing business and living in Russia. Titled, “Understanding and Doing Business with Russians,” the Webinar takes place tomorrow, Tuesday, April 1 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time.
“Understanding Russia is vitally important for those doing business there since it is ranked as one of the top 10 countries for relocation assignment failures,” said Scott Sullivan, senior vice president of GMAC Global Relocation Services. “Our own research combined with interviews with transferees, shows it can be difficult to adapt to the culture, there are high costs since Moscow is one of the most expensive cities in the world, and complex immigration laws are the norm,” added Sullivan.
Sullivan pointed out that GMAC Global Relocation Services will be publishing additional research on Russia as part of its comprehensive Global Relocation Trends Survey, issued annually since 1993. The survey will be published next month.
The Webinar will help companies and transferees better understand the country’s unique dynamics, including:
- The keys to understanding “the Russian way” of doing things.
- Socializing with Russians, where food is important, showing up on time is impolite and host and hostesses are known for continually trying to out-do themselves.
- Communicating with Russians, including learning emotional expressiveness through non-verbal communication.
Specifically, the Webinar will:
- Provide an overview and explanation of life in Russia.
- Discuss common stereotypes and perceptions of Russian nationals.
- Analyze business and social protocol “do’s and don’ts” for interacting and working in Russia.
- Suggest communication strategies for bridging cultural differences between personal, national and target cultures.
Participation in the Webinar is free and limited to the first 100 registrants.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com