RISMEDIA, April 8, 2008-HP announced the availability of HP Upline, a new subscription service designed to help customers readily back up, access, share and store digital content over any Internet connection.
The new service provides consumers and small businesses the security of knowing their digital world is protected in a secure, offsite location in case their local PC gets lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Starting this week, both consumers and small business customers can try out a limited plan at no cost for one year.
“With increasingly more personal and business content being housed on PCs, the easy-to-use and affordable HP Upline service protects and shares everything from memories in digital photos to critical business documents,” said Ulf Claesson, vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Group, HP. “HP Upline delivers tools for a differentiated and more personal experience from a vendor consumers and small businesses can trust.”
The new service is a result of HP’s recent acquisition of Opelin, a small, privately held San Jose, Calif.-based company that provides enhanced security for scalable online services, including storage, backup and data migration.
Simple and secure data backup, remote access and file sharing
By providing simple and more secure file storage, automatic data backup, remote access and sharing, the company says that HP Upline helps protect against data loss due to a lost or stolen PC, hardware failure, file corruption or catastrophic disaster.
With HP Upline, customer data is automatically backed up on a user-determined interval to multiple online servers using the latest encryption technology. The service also helps small and medium business customers increase productivity by connecting them to their data and allowing them to do more with it – from more convenient document collaboration with colleagues to remotely accessing data when traveling or at a customer site over an Internet connection.
HP Upline users have access to a variety of tools, including:
- File sharing and remote access – share files of any size by emailing a password protected and time-limited link rather than an attachment.
- Remote access – enjoy greater productivity on the go with the ability to open, edit, share and publish files from any Internet-connected PC using a secured log-in and password.
- File publishing – publicly share data by easily generating a URL to publish content to a website or blog; automatically refresh files published to multiple locations to keep public data current.
- Local archiving – create archive copies of files that can be saved to a CD, DVD, NAS, USB drive or a second partition on a hard drive.
- Data migration – easily migrate files to a new PC.
- Multi-user dashboard – easily set up, manage and track the usage of employee accounts within a small business.
- Consumer and small business packages(1)
- A limited plan of HP Upline is available to anyone in the United States at no cost for one year. This limited plan includes a fixed amount of online storage, remote access, large file sharing, publishing, and automatic, online backup.
Users also can choose to purchase one of three subscription service plans with unlimited storage:
- Home & Home Office – Designed for a home with up to three PCs to manage their access using a single log-in and password. Available for $59 per year.
- Family – Designed for families that want up to three independent subscriptions to allow for file privacy between family account log-ins. Available for $149 per year.
- Professional – Designed for small businesses with up to 100 PCs. Also includes a multi-user administrative dashboard, advanced technical support and a lifeline number for emergency file recovery. Available for $299 per year.
HP Upline is part of the HP Total Care portfolio, which ensures customers receive personalized services for every stage of their computer’s life – from choosing, configuring and protecting it, to tuning and, ultimately, environmentally responsible disposal.
HP Upline is available though the HP Upline website or one of HP’s many reseller partners across the United States.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com