Commentary By Kim Ades
RISMEDIA, Oct. 4, 2008-This article is not about Donald Trump-I just borrowed his show’s theme song-although he really does seem to have a knack for attracting wealth, which is what this article is about: attracting wealth into our lives. But not in the way you think.
When I start to work with a client in our Frame of Mind Coaching program, one of the first things I ask them is, “What is it that you want in your life? What do you want to achieve?”
Do you know what the number-one answer is? You got it-money–right off the bat. This is the “instant reflex” answer. Then I ask them again, with more emotion in my voice, “What is it that you really, really want in your life?” This response takes a little more time. The answer consistently comes back reflecting money, with words like, “Well, if I make a lot of money then my life will be better, my relationship with my husband/wife will be better, I will be happier…”
So, I ask again with a little more emphasis, “What is it that you really, really, really want in your life?” And then, after taking the time to muddle it through, to get clear, they say, “What I really, really want in my life is to be happy.”
Money is not a focus; happiness is a focus, a vision. Even ‘The Donald’ says in his book, Trump: The Art of the Deal, “Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.”
Don’t get me wrong, I think money is great! Money touches all our lives in one way or another and I’m all for having oodles of it. But if you’re looking at money to cure what ails you in your life and trust that having it will miraculously make your life great, think again.
What I’m interested in achieving in life is happiness; simply happiness. I believe that when we are happy and doing what we love to do, what we are passionate about, money will easily flow into our lives. As a matter of fact, I believe that we actually attract money into our lives when we are content and leading happier lives.
The single most influential thing that you can do to achieve your goals and attract more money into your life is to write in a journal. Writing in a journal is an immensely powerful tool that can create significant change and tremendous transformation in your life. It’s the vehicle that allows you to get from where you are now to where you want to be. Use your journal to:
1. Visualize your goals and dreams. Write down exactly what it is that you want to achieve. After all, you can’t go after your dream until you are clear on what it is. Writing in a journal makes your dream jump to life on the page-all of a sudden they begin to take shape.
2. Discover your unique talents. Use the tool of writing to brainstorm and determine what your passions are-what delights you, what seems to be effortless, what you are really good at. If each day you are waking up to a career that brings you infinite joy, you will be successful.
3. Get rid of the stuff that is holding you back, the beliefs that are standing in your way, and the life philosophies that are acting as stumbling blocks. Things like, “This is the way it’s supposed to be; it doesn’t matter if I’m happy, I need to make a living.” When you expose your limiting beliefs in your journal you create the opportunity to change them.
4. Chart, plot and plan. Use your journal to create a blue print of the way that you want to lead your life, the career that you intend to have and what you will do with the money that will come your way.
5. Practice and take inspired action. Through writing in your journal, you have gained clarity about what you want and have devised a plan for achievement, it’s now time to set your thoughts into action! Keep writing in your journal and document your success, refine your plan, move forward from strength to strength.
Money, money, money, money…..find happiness first. RE
Kim Ades, MBA, is president of Opening Doors and Frame of Mind Coaching. Ades believes that writing is the single most powerful tool to ignite significant change and transformation. Frame of Mind Coaching is launching a new self- guided online journal. To sign up, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com