RISMEDIA, Nov. 12, 2008-In this weak economy and tight job market, teens are finding it even harder to find after-school employment. To help their peers, the youth job experts at Myfirstpaycheck.com – Jobs for Teens put together five tips to make the job search a little easier.
1. Be Brave. Even in this economy, there are employers looking for the affordable, enthusiastic, and energetic help that teenagers provide, but you have to go out and ask for it. Don’t let yourself be discouraged by news of the economy, and don’t be afraid to apply for jobs.
2. Be Prepared. Bring a resume and a cover letter whenever you apply for a job. Teens are now competing for jobs with adults and having a well-written resume is essential. It shows that you are serious about the position, and that you are mature and responsible. If you need help writing a resume, Myfirstpaycheck.com provides a dynamic free resume for teens that is very helpful.
3. Be Polite. You are applying for a job; dress up, make eye contact, shake hands, and avoid using slang. First impressions matter – they are your chance to prove yourself – take advantage of the opportunity.
4. Be Persistent. Persistence pays off; send a thank you note to interviewers, follow-up if you do not hear about the job after a week, and keep applying.
5. Be Creative. Look for work in places other than the mall. The weak economy means that people are going to be looking to cut costs in areas such as lawn and child care. Get a few friends together and start a landscaping or a babysitting business.
For more information, visit www.Myfirstpaycheck.com.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com