RISMEDIA, Nov. 27, 2008-When you’ve fallen into a lack-luster, inspirational slump, sometimes a simple change in your thought process can help make the difference in your outlook-and financial status. This week, Dr. Maya suggests five tips to help boost your beliefs.
Q. Dr. Maya: All of my life, making money has been a struggle. I’ve only just “gotten by.” I’m beginning to wonder why making money is so hard for me and yet it seems to be so easy for others.
A: The answer lies in your belief system. Your beliefs create your reality.
People who make money easily have a belief system such as, “money flows to me easily”, or “I work smarter not harder.”
In your case, you have a subconscious belief that “you have to struggle to make money.”
This is a very common belief in our society since many of us grew up with parents who did have to struggle.
One of my clients traced the origin of his belief that to the time when he was around eight or nine years old. He saw his father working hard, struggling and sacrificing. He made the decision that making money was hard.
Through a reprogramming process, he was able to change his old belief into empowered beliefs, such as:
– I am willing to work smarter, not harder
– I am a magnet for money
Another client of mine presented a similar situation:
After years of working hard and being a slave driver to herself, she ended up with poor health, stress and a weight problem.
Her belief was, “you have to work hard constantly!”
The origins of that belief happened when she was growing up with her mother, a single mom of three kids who struggled and sacrificed and still didn’t have enough money. By the end of the session she had transformed her old self limiting beliefs into empowered beliefs such as:
– I am so happy and grateful now that I have enough time to take care of myself
– I’m so happy and grateful now they make self-care and self maintenance my priority
– I am so happy and grateful that I work smarter instead of harder
– I am highly worthy just as I am I don’t need to work hard to prove myself
Here are some practical tips:
If you find yourself on a treadmill working harder and harder, still not making enough money, here are some steps to take:
1. Become a loving detective of yourself and dig down to find the self limiting belief(s) that may be causing you to work harder instead of smarter.
2. When those beliefs come up in your consciousness realize that you have the power to change them. No matter how many decades you may have carried out belief your power is always in the present moment.
3. Write down some empowered beliefs that you can begin to practice so you can create success “with ease.”
4. Whenever you find yourself entertaining the belief that work equals struggle, just stop, take a deep breath and put in a new phrase that makes you feel good and cancels out the old one.
5. I may have mentioned this before, but it’s worth repeating: Say to yourself in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way, “I create total financial success, for the highest good of all.”
For more information on powerful marketing tips and tools, please visit Dr. Maya’s website: http://www.90daystomoreclients.com while you are there, get your Free Audio mentoring session and Free Report, “7 simple strategies to more clients in 90 days” or call Dr. Maya at 707 799-5412.
E-mail your questions about the Law of Attraction, reprogramming of self-limiting beliefs, confidence-building and marketing communication to, Dr. Maya at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may include them in this weekly column.