RISMEDIA, January 30, 2009-RE/MAX International Inc., one of the most recognized real estate networks in the world, marks its 36th Anniversary, or “Founder’s Day,” on today, January 30. The Denver-based real estate franchisor is celebrating another year of major milestones with the company’s original founders, Dave and Gail Liniger, still at the helm.
“We started RE/MAX in 1973 with an agent-centric business model designed to foster the entrepreneurial spirit,” said Dave Liniger, co-founder and Chairman of RE/MAX International, who with his wife, Gail Liniger, still oversees the company’s daily operations, and travels the world speaking to RE/MAX Affiliates. “We continue to be successful because of our commitment to the founding principles of the company – to provide outstanding customer service and build a franchise network of the most experienced real estate professionals. This focus has given us the experience and know-how to anticipate and adapt to changing markets.”
In 2008, RE/MAX sold more than 700 franchises worldwide and now has nearly 7,000 offices in more than 70 countries and territories, an international presence greater than any of its competitors.
Despite a turbulent market, RE/MAX reached several significant milestones in 2008 and will be celebrating these achievements with thousands of RE/MAX Affiliates from around the world at the 2009 RE/MAX International Convention slated for Las Vegas, NV, March 2-5.
Some of the successes in 2008 include:
- RE/MAX International Inc. was ranked the nation’s number one real estate franchise – an honor the company has held for the past nine out of ten years – according to Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30th Annual “Franchise 500 Survey.”
- Master Franchises were sold in several countries and territories including: Albania, Ecuador, Macedonia Oman, Trinidad & Tobago, and Uruguay, with an announcement coming this month on India.
- RE/MAX Franchises were named the most productive. The RIS Media Power Broker Survey found that RE/MAX Sales Associates had nearly 40% more transaction sides than their competitors while The Real Trends 500 ranked RE/MAX Sales Associates at nearly 20% more transaction sides than the closest competitor.
- In 2008, RE/MAX was also ranked one of the country’s “50 Top Franchises for Minorities,” by the National Minority Franchising Initiative (NMFI) and the Denver-based real estate franchisor was among America’s “Top 10 Military Spouse Friendly Employers,” according to Military Spouse Magazine.
- RE/MAX LeadStreet® delivered five million leads to RE/MAX Associates after making its debut only two and a half years ago.
- The RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon celebrated its 30th anniversary on Global Balloon Day, October 8.
In addition to these many milestones, the company says that remax.com is frequently ranked as the most visited website of all the real estate brokerage brands. RE/MAX also leads the industry in education and training, with RE/MAX University offering training in classrooms, online and through satellite broadcasts via the award-winning RE/MAX Satellite Network (RSN).
For more information visit www.remax.com or www.joinremax.com.
Copyright© 2011 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com