RISMEDIA, May 15, 2009-Clean out the cup holders and gas up the ride, as Hotwire.com, a leading travel discount site, revealed the top 10 summer road trip destinations for 2009.“Consumers realize that they don’t have to travel around the world to have a fun vacation,” said Clem Bason, president of the Hotwire Group. “With low gas prices and great hotel deals, consumers have the opportunity to explore their local region and have a great vacation without breaking their budget.”
The top 10 summer road-trip destinations are:
1. San Diego. This sun-soaked city in Southern California boasts some of the best beaches and includes the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
2. Philadelphia. The city of brotherly love is home to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall where the Constitution and Declaration of Independence were signed.
3. Houston. The fourth-largest city in the U.S. is home to NASA mission control and an up-and-coming Museum and Theater District.
4. San Francisco. Leave your heart in the city by the bay, which is home to the famous Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and Fisherman’s Wharf.
5. Dallas. Two-step your way around the Big D with visits to its dozens of theme-parks including Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor.
6. Los Angeles. With celebrity sightings abound, the city of glitz and glamour offers Hollywood, the beaches of Malibu and the world-famous Disneyland.
7. Boston. The unofficial capital of New England, this northeast city gives travelers a taste of colonial America with historical sites such as the Boston Tea Party and a chance to catch a game at the fabled Fenway Park.
8. Phoenix. This desert city boasts world-class golf courses, spas and resorts.
9. Saint Louis. The “Gateway City” offers a variety of attractions for road-trippers, including the Gateway Arch and plays host to the Anheuser-Busch brewery.
10. Washington D.C. If you can’t catch a sight of President Obama, check out the historical sites and monuments that dot the nation’s capitol, including the White House, Smithsonian and Lincoln Memorial.
For more information, visit www.hotwire.com.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com