RISMEDIA, March 18, 2009-As the real estate market begins to turn around, the most important thing on your mind should be whether you are positioned to take advantage of this uptick.
In a recent address to EXIT Realty Corp. International Regional Owners, Senior Regional Vice President Alex Szinegh offered these 10 must-do’s for real estate broker/owners to follow so that their agents and offices are ready to hit the ground running when the real estate industry begins to take off.
“These are the things you must do to ensure your agents and office are successful,” said Szinegh. Every item starts with a must as these things are no longer an option- they are things you must do to come out ahead when the market rebounds.
1. I must have a simple, workable business plan.
2. I must create a detailed workable schedule that I follow daily. “If there is one main thing that helped me to become a success, it’s following a workable schedule,” said Szinegh.
3. I must institute a comprehensive, consistent training program. “Training isn’t something you did, it’s something you do consistently,” said Szinegh.
4. I must participate in all corporate and local events to build my knowledge.
5. I must learn how to use helpful tools and teach my agents to do the same.
6. I must lead by example so my agents can follow. John Maxwell said, “If you think you’re a leader and nobody is following you, you’re just out for a walk.”
7. I must increase the standards in my office and I must enforce them. “There is nothing worse than setting standards without having consequences.”
8. I must hire a coach or at least get an accountability partner.
9. I must review my goals on a daily basis to keep me excited about the things I accomplish and to keep me on track.
10. I must make a total commitment to myself, my family and my agents that I will make 2009 the year to fulfill all of our goals and plans. NO MORE EXCUSES.
Alex Szinegh is the senior regional vice president for EXIT Realty Corp. International and is a renowned international sales trainer. He is the founder of EXIT Realty’s Boot Camp Training and the EXIT Online University.
For more information, visit http://www.exitrealty.com.