RISMEDIA, June 18, 2009-Jobs, the economy and the recovery will be among the top issues discussed as North America’s leading women in commercial real estate gather in Boston at the 2009 Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Convention and Marketplace. The meeting will be held at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, September 30 – October 3, 2009 and will celebrate CREW Network’s 20th anniversary.
During its 20th Anniversary Celebration Dinner held at the convention, CREW Network will present the winners of its 20 Under 40 Program, which will celebrate the next generation of leading women in commercial real estate. Ivanka Trump, Real Estate Executive with the Trump Organization and television personality appearing on “The Apprentice” will be the keynote speaker for the evening.
In addition to Trump, the CREW Network convention, Opportunities Rising: Revival of the Fittest, will feature many of the industry’s top leaders and commentators:
– Abby Joseph Cohen: President, Global Markets Institute; Senior Investment Strategist, Goldman Sachs
– David Gergen: U.S. News & World Report Editor at Large, Political Veteran and Commentator
– Dr. Tim Riddiough: Director, Center for Real Estate, Professor and E.J. Plesko Chair of Real Estate and Urban Land Economics, University of Wisconsin
– Dr. Karl E. “Chip” Case, Katherine Coman and A. Barton Hepburn Professor of Economics, Wellesley College
– Dr. William Wheaton, M.I.T. Professor, Principal, Torto Wheaton Research
– Dr. Robert Langer, M.I.T. Professor, Winner, 2008 Millennium Prize
Concurrent breakout sessions will address topics relevant to today’s economy including economic development incentives, working globally, capital markets updates, distressed assets, senior housing and the future of commercial real estate, and others.
And, in addition to the full offering of concurrent sessions, a new feature of the CREW Network convention will be mini sessions on topics relevant to managing commercial real estate careers in today’s economy, presented by senior level professionals and veterans of the industry. Topics will include bankruptcy, LEED 2009, Insurance Tips and Traps, Technology and Finance.
To view a complete program and schedule, visit http://www.crewnetwork.org/.