RISMEDIA, August 11, 2009-FAR President Cynthia Shelton has asked Rei Mesa, President of Prudential Florida Realty, to serve as Chairman of the “Florida Real Estate Services Group” which will meet for the first time at the FAR Convention on August 21.
The mission of the Florida Association of Realtors® is to advance Florida’s real estate industry by shaping public policy on housing and related issues, setting standards for ethical practice, and building on the efforts of local Boards/ Associations to provide the information and tools members need to succeed.
The meeting is set for Friday, August 21, 2009 from 2:45 to 4 p.m. at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Room Panzacola H3. All brokers of large firms in Florida are encouraged to attend.
Some of the items on the meeting agenda include:
– Review of SB 360 – State Senator Mike Bennett (R-Bradenton)
– Energy Issues – State Representative Keith Fitzgerald (D- Sarasota)
– Condo Insurance and Appraisal Management Company (AMC) legislation – State Representative Matt Hudson (R-Naples)
– Economic Outlook – Dr. Lawrence Yun, NAR Chief Economist & Senior Vice President of Research (He is confirmed for 3:30pm. We will connect to him via MegaMeeting)
– 2010 Constitutional Amendments – John Sebree, FAR VP of Public Policy
– NAR Broker Involvement Program – Sherri Meadows, FAR RPIC Chair
– Group discussion regarding the “First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit” and the opportunity for expansion and extension of the credit.
In addition, Florida Governor Charlie Crist will be speaking first thing Friday morning at the 7:30 a.m. “Capitol Club” breakfast. After the 2:45 p.m. meeting the group will be introduced by FAR President Cynthia Shelton at the FAR Executive Committee.
Meeting goers will then have reserved seats at the Legislative & Political Forum where both candidates for Governor and U.S. Senate Candidates will be speaking from 5-6:30 p.m. CFO Alex Sink and Attorney General Bill McCollum are both vying to be the next Governor of Florida and both will be there to tell Realtors why they are the best candidate.
The full schedule and other important information regarding the Convention is available at http://www.floridarealtorsconvention.org/.
Lastly, President Shelton will be hosting a reception following the Legislative & Political Forum. The reception will begin at 6:45 p.m. in her suite.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mesa’s office at (954) 693-0127.