RISMEDIA, September 9, 2010—In today’s market, agents and brokers are constantly looking for ways to list more, show more, and earn more. While it’s easy to focus on the marketing and exposure of the listing, a commonly overlooked feature is the type of lockbox being utilized. Electronic lockboxes are not only more secure, increasing your value to your client, but they will save you time and money as well.
Here are 5 reasons why electronic lockboxes make sense in today’s market:
1. Differentiate yourself from other Agents. Smart agents know that smart sellers look for agents that have an edge in the marketing of the property to attain a successful outcome. An electronic lockbox system provides an essential part of the marketing strategy to gain feedback and generate showings into offers.
2. Secure controlled access management of property keys. Agents no longer have to worry about who has access to listing keys. Electronic lockboxes strictly limit access to other agents or approved visitors who have gotten a lockbox key/card from the local Association or Board of Realtors. The keys/cards require a code or PIN be entered by the owner in order to access the lockbox.
3. Grow your business by being more efficient and productive. It’s no longer necessary to drive around town to real estate offices picking up and dropping off keys to properties. That time can be better invested gaining more “face time” with clients–or potential clients. With easy access to the keys, you don’t have to arrange time to pick up the keys, or wait for the listing agent to be available to let you into the property. Fewer showings will occur while waiting for the availability of the keys. Having the keys readily accessible at the property saves time for all involved parties.
4. Showing notifications and automated feedback for each property access. The great thing about electronic lockboxes is that they have the ability to record and hold data and every single access is recorded. Not only that, but some systems allow for notifications to be sent to notify the listing agent of an access to their lockbox. Add in the ability of some systems to automatically send an email asking for feedback, and you have a very powerful system working for you.
5. Detailed access reporting. In today’s market, sellers are becoming more intimately involved with the selling process of their home. In addition to having the ability to record entries, electronic lockbox systems also allow for detailed access reporting to clients. You can now give a client data showing how often their house is being shown prompting conversations about the marketing strategy and the need for realignment if market data shows justification.
SentriLock’s Realtor NXT Property Access Control System is endorsed and majority owned by the National Association of Realtors. It features secure technology, robust reporting tools, and U.S.-based support, rated #1 in the industry. 250,000 agents from 210 customers in North America rely on us every day.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com