By Tricia Andreassen
RISMedia, June 6, 2011—Everyone loves the idea of streamlining their marketing with low- and no-cost ideas that can leverage what they are doing in their business. Here are six tips that can help you maximize what you have available to you and at the same time, spread your marketing message to the world.
1. Get your own YouTube channel (free) and brand yourself as the local expert with videos about current market conditions, the area, open houses and more. You may already have your own YouTube channel for your business, but think outside the box and consider something that is consumer-focused and deals with a specific real estate niche or topic. Sign up for a YouTube account from the website’s homepage and be sure to name the account exactly like the domain name you want it to reflect. For example, when naming your account, make sure to put all the words together with no spaces (WasillaRealEstate), making it easy for consumers to remember the address (www.YouTube.com/WasillaRealEstate).
2. Get targeted niche pages on Facebook for specific towns or niches you serve—you can create unlimited pages for free. Post information about the area, market updates and more that makes you the facilitator of knowledge and expertise. After your page receives 25 likes, you can name the page so that it has an easy to remember address (www.Facebook.com/AvoidForeclosure).
3. Run Craigslist ads (free) to drive traffic to specific pages in your site where you can then incubate the lead in an email drip campaign. Many real estate professionals are advertising specific listings on Craigslist, but are missing an incredible opportunity to have ads that engage the consumer to learn more about something specific in their local market. Create your Craigslist ad purely for lead generation so you can incubate and cultivate those leads.
4. Run 2×1 little classified ads (low cost) in secondary markets to drive traffic to specific pages in your site like mentioned above.
5. Add a call to action on the back of your business card. It can be as simple as “Looking for a great buy? Access the free list! Log on to www.fortmillbestbuys.com.”
6. Be creative and add your social media addresses to your email stationary, business card and all your marketing pieces that you use to advertise.
Tricia Andreassen is CEO/founder of Pro Step Marketing. She is a leading industry Web strategy expert, a nationally recognized speaker with Broker Agent Speakers Bureau, and one of RISMedia’s Real Estate magazine’s monthly columnists. For more information, please visit www.ProStepMarketing.com or call 1-866-799-9888.
Copyright© 2011 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com