According to an independent survey, 84% of home buyers would use the same real estate agent in the future. Unfortunately, memories fade over time, and the number that actually use the same REALTOR® again is dramatically lower. If you want repeat business, you cannot afford to be forgotten.
Many REALTORS® assume that the completion of a successful transaction will win them a customer for life, but this is simply not the case. Statistics prove that it’s not enough to do your job perfectly. A proper follow-up campaign is needed to solidify the relationship.
Below are five tips from Lentz Design to help you profit from clients for life.
1. Be Loud and Proud: Forty-four percent of REALTORS® are referred by a friend or neighbor. Be proactive. Use “Just Listed” and “Just Sold” postcards to broadcast each success to the entire neighborhood and every past customer. A constant stream of positive results will motivate prospects and remind past clients of your real estate skills and ability.
2. Be Consistent: Not every REALTOR® has a steady flow of transactions to advertise. Maybe you are entering a marketplace for the first time and have zero listings—this is where consistent prospecting makes the difference. Remember, if you’re not visible—you’re invisible, so getting in front of these prospects and past customers on a regular basis is critical. Constant reminders of who you are and what you do will make your name synonymous with real estate.
3. Be Unique: “Wow Factor” prospecting is any marketing technique that separates you from other agents and gets you remembered in the process. One example of this is using variable data to include your customers name on your marketing pieces. This type of Wow Factor will cut through mailbox clutter and get you noticed. By doing an extraordinary job of marketing yourself, prospects are more likely to think that you will do an extraordinary job of marketing their real estate.
4. Be a Lifeline: Odds are, everyone knows someone currently in financial trouble. By presenting yourself as a knowledgeable resource, you let your network know that you are an expert and can help any distressed property owner. Motivate past customers and prospects to call and refer you.
5. Be a Consultant: Hurry, because time is running out on this opportunity. Forty-seven percent of home buyers in 2009 were first-time buyers motivated by thousands of tax credit dollars. Use the credit to entice past clients and prospects to call you to discuss their qualification for the free money. This consultation will further solidify your relationships and help to frame you as a real estate expert.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com