You hand them out frequently to relatives, clients and others. You receive them, good and bad. What are they? They’re tips, and we get and give them regularly. You can use targeted tips to bridge your communication efforts and quickly help you develop your expert status on a particular real estate topic while optimizing your website.
Tips should be handed out one or only a few at a time, as you want to build trust and understanding with your audience. This is of course, unless you are creating a list of tips as guidelines or instructions, but keep them very brief and simple to implement and understand. From a real estate perspective, there are too many to list, but here are some ideas:
• Use the tip format to promote your geographic area and always use keywords in your tip writing to assist with search engine optimization (SEO).
• Develop easy staging tips for your clients
• Teach your clients what to look for in a home and how to narrow the field down
• Offer tips to first-time home buyers or international home buyers
• Develop tips for clients on short sales, foreclosures and the current market in your area
Utilize tips on your social media sites, blogs/guest blogs, websites, in email or any other communications available.
When you communicate with short tips, you can also use them to drive conversions for events, follows and likes on social media, website promotions, and to sign-up for Webinars or other activities.
Tips are a quick and easy way to develop a consistent communication pattern with your constituencies. Always make sure they are accurate and helpful, and add links back to your own online properties.
Chris Kaucnik is chief marketing officer for Home Warranty of America. For more information, please visit www.hwahomewarranty.com.