CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a leading provider of information, analytics and business services, has released its June CoreLogic MarketPulse report. The monthly economic publication provides insight into the current and future health of the U.S. economic climate with particular focus on housing and mortgage metrics.
CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming and Senior Economist Sam Khater authored the articles. In addition, this month’s edition includes an opening letter to the industry by Anand Nallathambi, CoreLogic President and CEO, featuring his personal observations on the state of the housing economy.
Key findings in the June MarketPulse Report include:
• The Home Price Index (HPI) including distressed sales posted two consecutive months of year-over-year increases in April 2012, the first such increase since the summer of 2010 when the housing market was benefitting from tax credits.
• Single-family construction activity increased 2.3 percent in April, and is up 25 percent over the last six months.
• Months’ supply of unsold homes fell to just more than six months in April 2012 and is currently at the lowest level in more than five years.
• As the flow of REOs has slowed over the last 18 months, negative equity has become a positive force in real estate markets by restricting supply in the face of increasing demand.
• The housing market has transitioned from pricing dynamics driven by economic weakness and high shares of distressed sales to one of restricted supply, which will likely exist for some time to come—a reason for optimism in many hard hit markets.
• Collateral credit standards are now more liberal than at any time in the past two decades when measured by the average combined loan to value ratio (CLTV) over time for purchase mortgage loans including first and junior liens.
For a complete copy of the June CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2012-June.pdf.
For more information, visit www.corelogic.com.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com