By Lynn O’Rourke Hayes
(MCT)—When it comes to valuing getaways, celebrity parents are no different than the rest of us. Here are five places, inspired by the travels of the rich and famous, where any family can deepen their bonds:
1. The Galápagos Islands. The Jolie-Pitt clan is often on the move. While private jets, nannies and security teams take some of the hassle out of traveling with six kids, these high-profile parents seem determined to show their children the world. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and the children recently stopped in the Galápagos Islands, a World Heritage site off the coast of Ecuador, where they snorkeled, played in the sand and visited several of the islands made famous by Charles Darwin.
It was reported the family divided their time between a luxury yacht and a land-based resort.
2. The mountains of Montana. High-profile families flock to Big Sky Country where there are more buffalo than paparazzi. From Ted Turner and Dennis Quaid to the recent arrival of singer John Mayer, Montana offers a chance to unplug from a pressure-filled existence and enjoy the wide open spaces. Local guest ranches, such as Mountain Sky in vista-rich Paradise Valley, treat all their guests like celebrities, according to general manager Yancy Arterburn.
“Whether they choose to sit on the porch reading a book or load the kids into a helicopter for a day of private fly fishing or Yellowstone sightseeing, we just want everyone to have a good time.”
3. The Hawaiian Islands. Celebs such as Julia Roberts, Britney Spears and Reese Witherspoon regularly make the hop from Los Angeles to the Hawaiian Islands with their tots in tow.
President Barack Obama and the first family chose to enjoy the tropical breezes of the commander-in-chief’s home state when they carved out time for a family getaway.
With a slew of full-service resorts, all-inclusives and cozy bungalows on the beach, our 50th state offers holiday opportunities for families of all interests and budgets.
4. Aspen, Colo. While actress Kate Hudson was recently spotted in Paris on a shopping trip with her son, Ryder, fans are more likely to catch a glimpse of her and the extended family in Aspen. Long a popular haunt of Hollywood families, this Rocky Mountain ski town offers a trendsetting mix of art and music, fly fishing, hiking, horseback riding, festivals and culinary adventure amid striking natural beauty.
5. San Ignacio, Belize. Prince Harry stopped by the Lodge at Chaa Creek for some royal relaxation during a recent tour honoring his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II’s 60 years on the throne. Families seeking a holiday off the beaten path enjoy time at this eco lodge for its wealth of natural beauty. There’s also the chance to ride horses, paddle a canoe on the Macal River, visit the butterfly hatchery, bird-watch and trek to nearby Mayan ruins. Guests stay in palm-thatched cottages or a treetop suite within a private 365-acre reserve.
Lynn O’Rourke Hayes is editor of FamilyTravel.com.
©2012 The Dallas Morning News
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com