- RISMedia - http://rismedia.com -
5 Ways to Market with Video
Posted By susanne On October 25, 2012 @ 3:17 PM In Best Practices,Business Development,Business Development & Best Practices,Coaching,Coaching & Training,Consumer News and Advice,Marketing,Real Estate Technology,Real Estate Training,Sales & Marketing Tips | Comments Disabled
Want more proof? More than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies used online video last year, according to the Center for Marketing Research. What’s more, comScore noted that 37.7 billion online videos were viewed in August, an all-time high. Make no mistake, video is an essential and effective marketing tool.
The trick isn’t in using videos for promotional campaigns, but how best to optimize it. Simply posting video on a website, YouTube channel or Facebook page isn’t enough to drive significant interest. What’s important is to put the content out there in such a way as to entice the audience to action. There are literally hundreds of opportunities to drive video traffic. Here are just five of them:
1. Coding. Mobile barcodes, notably QR codes in newspaper, magazine or billboard ads, bridge the gap between offline experiences and online content. Free smartphone apps can read these codes and connect users to a video instantly.
2. Mailing. Well-targeted electronic and postal mail will get interested recipients to view videos that provide additional information, including how to purchase and move prospects through the sales funnel. The same can be done for things like door hangers, brochures and other “leave behinds.”
3. Signing. Spinners on street corners, billboards and aerial banners are just a few ways to entice folks to learn more by viewing a video. Other options include building or car wraps, trade show signage, and tabletop displays.
4. Carding. One increasingly popular method of promoting a corporate video is on a staff member’s business card, either by QR code or hyperlink. This can be done through other printed materials such as brochures and annual reports. Every piece of material handed to a current or prospective customer is a marketing asset and can be used to promote a company’s videos.
5. Rewarding. Your best customer is a repeat one, so entice them to engage you further by little things such as including a call to action on a receipt, newsletter or catalog. Providing a link via an email signature is another way to bring lapsed customers back. Regardless, make sure that the placement of such promotions is done for specific people and not the general masses.
In all cases, the basic fundamentals remain important: Understanding the people viewing your videos is key to engagement. What are they watching? Where do they come from? How long do they stay? How often do they come back? What do they want? How do you reach them? Whether you offer entertainment, education, information, testimonials or opportunities, the content must be relevant and appealing enough to capture your target’s interest and encourage action. Video is a great way to make that connection.
Kim Folsom is the founder and CEO of ShowUhow, a provider of video-based applications that accelerate sales, qualify leads and engage customers.
Article printed from RISMedia: http://rismedia.com
URL to article: http://rismedia.com/2012-10-25/5-ways-to-market-with-video/
Copyright © 2012 RISMedia. All rights reserved.