Finding a new place to live just became easier for consumers—who can now browse homes on their smartphones. The Real Estate Book recently launched an additional mobile tool—a free Android app to make looking through photos, maps, and more information a better experience for home shoppers.
Consumers may download the app for free from the Android Marketplace. According to Nielson Research, more people will own smartphones than personal computers or laptops as soon as 2013, and comScore Research indicates that 73 percent of local searches (such as looking for a home) are currently performed through mobile Web browsers.
“Shopping for a home is an inherently mobile experience; driving through neighborhoods, in and out of cars and homes. We’ve always known this and this need for portability was an early contributing factor to making The Real Estate Book digest-sized,” says Scott Dixon, Real Estate Vertical President, Network Communications, Inc.
“Today we have combined the usefulness of a handy printed piece with the power of the mobile phone to further extend value to our advertisers and the home shopper. Our goal remains to help people find a place to live whether in print, online or mobile.”
The Real Estate Book Android App Features:
• Search by city, state OR zip
• Search by GPS
• Advanced Search
• Recent Search History
• Search Results (in Map or List views)
• Home Details (Photos, Price, Description, Call/Email, etc.)
• Save to Favorites, Save Notes, Driving Directions, Map Location, Email to a Friend
• Widget for Android Home Screen
• View in Landscape and Portrait Mode
• Android Operating System: 2.1+
• Available for FREE
• Located in the Android Market as “Real Estate Book”
For more information, visit www.TheRealEstateBook.com.