According to the largest survey of U.S. workers ever conducted and just released last week, real estate is one of the top industries to work in nationwide.
The survey, conducted in conjunction with the 2013 Top National Workplaces rankings, is objective and aggregates the findings of regional top workplaces surveys conducted in conjunction with many of the top daily newspapers in the country including; The Philadelphia Inquirer, Houston Chronicle, Boston Globe, Denver Post and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The survey found that despite REALTORS® dealing with a down market for the past five years, they continue to love their jobs and the companies they work for. According to survey findings, REALTORS® and others working in the greater real estate industry appreciate that they have a great deal of control over their own destiny, a strong connection to their work, and a sense of personal accomplishment each and every day. All of which led them to highly rank their workplaces.
In addition, a number of real estate companies rank among the top companies in the country:
- Keller Williams Realty, based in Austin, TX – ranked #9
- William Raveis Real Estate, Mortgage & Insurance, based in Shelton, CT – ranked #32
- Shorewest Realtors, based in Brookfield, WI – ranked #35
- Baird & Warner, Inc., based in Chicago, IL – ranked #43
- Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors, based in Devon, PA – ranked #57
What’s the Top Workplace in America? According to the survey by WorkplaceDynamics, the U.S.’s fastest-growing employee survey company, Quicken Loans is number one on the list, followed by The Container Store and Anadarko Petroleum.
The employee survey uses a proprietary set of 22 questions to rank companies. According to employees who completed the survey, this year Quicken Loans won thanks to:
• A zest for unearthing and implementing ideas: “Quicken Loans truly allows the team members to voice their opinions, which is huge. If you have an idea you are allowed to speak up and have your idea voted upon by the team members.”
• The company’s commitment to working efficiently and serving clients well: “It’s day in and day out. We aren’t just efficient here and there; we strive to do it every day in every aspect of the company.”
Doug Claffey, CEO of WorkplaceDynamics says, “Our survey is unlike any other ever conducted of American employers. Rankings are determined exclusively by employee responses to survey questions, removing any subjectivity, and the scale of the survey means that we have a real snapshot of what is happening in corporate America.”
The following is a list of the top 10 companies in the 2013 National Top Workplaces rankings:
1. Quicken Loans, Detroit, MI: Quicken Loans Inc. is the nation’s largest online retail mortgage lender. Quicken moved up from #2 to #1 on this year’s list.
2. The Container Store, Coppell, TX: A repeat winner that was #1 on last year’s list, The Container Store is a nationwide storage and organization retail store devoted to helping people simplify their lives.
3. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, The Woodlands, TX: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is among the largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the world. It moves up from #4 on last year’s list.
4. Park Place Dealerships, Dallas, TX: Park Place Dealerships is a chain of 11 new and pre-owned luxury car dealerships in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
5. EOG Resources, Inc., Houston, TX: EOG Resources is one of the largest independent (non-integrated) crude oil and natural gas companies in the United States.
6. Pioneer Natural Resources, Irving, TX: Pioneer Natural Resources is a large independent exploration and production company focused on delivering competitive and sustainable results.
7. Mattress Firm, Houston, TX: Mattress Firm is a specialty bedding retailer with the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress specialty retailers.
8. Coyote Logistics, Chicago, IL: Coyote Logistics is a rapidly-growing North American shipping and logistics company.
9. Keller Williams Realty, Austin, TX: Keller Williams Realty, Inc. moves up a spot, from #10 to #9. The Austin-based real estate franchise company has more than 80,000 real estate agents, operating in approximately 690 offices across the United States and Canada.
10. NuStar Energy L.P., San Antonio, TX: Also returning to the list from last year is NuStar Energy, which has 90 terminal and storage facilities that store and distribute crude oil, refined products and specialty liquids; and two asphalt refineries and a fuels refinery.
The full list of 150 companies and additional research is available at www.topworkplaces.com.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com