According to the survey:
- 85 percent of home searchers are willing to go above and beyond in order to force the deal through. Of those willing to go above and beyond, the top compromises they’d be willing to make are:
-51 percent would be flexible with the closing time.
- 31 percent would compromise by purchasing the house as-is.
-29 percent would compromise by putting more cash down than they had planned on.
- 85 percent of home searchers are willing to compromise on amenities/features.
-58 percent would compromise on a built-in pool.
-49 percent would compromise on a finished basement.
-37 percent would compromise on an updated kitchen (e.g., stainless steel appliances).
-37 percent would compromise on walk-in-closets.
- 88 percent of buyers are willing to compromise on location-related attributes.
- 42 percent would compromise on the length of their work commute.
- 36 percent would compromise on access to restaurants, shopping and general conveniences.
- 35 percent would compromise on proximity to friends and family.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com