Americans’ Optimism about Buying and Selling a Home Hits Record Levels
Have a comment on this article? Share on Facebook!
Homeownership and Renting
- The average 12-month home price change expectation jumped to 3.9 percent, the highest level since the survey’s inception.
- The share of people who say home prices will go up in the next 12 months hit a survey high of 55 percent, while those who say home prices will go down dropped to 7 percent, the lowest level since the survey’s inception.
- The share of respondents who say mortgage rates will go up increased 3 percentage points to 46 percent, while those who say rates will go down hit a survey low of 5 percent.
- At 76 percent and 40 percent, respectively, the shares who say it is a good time to buy a house and who say it is a good time to sell a house both reached survey highs.
- The average 12-month rental price change expectation dropped to 3.4 percent, the lowest level since September 2012.
- Holding steady from last month, 48 percent of those surveyed say home rental prices will go up in the next 12 months.
- Retreating slightly from last month’s survey high, 46 percent of respondents think it would be easy for them to get a home mortgage today.
- The share of respondents who said they would buy if they were going to move increased slightly to 66 percent.
The Economy and Household Finances
- At 40 percent, the share of respondents who say the economy is on the right track increased slightly from April.
- The percentage of people who expect their personal financial situation to get better over the next 12 months held steady at 41 percent.
- The share of respondents who say their household income is significantly lower than it was 12 months ago fell 3 percentage points to a survey low 13 percent.
- The percentage of respondents who say their household expenses are significantly higher than they were 12 months ago rose slightly to 32 percent.
For more information, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Want instant access to great articles like this for your blog or newsletter? Check out our 30-day FREE trial of REsource
Licensed Real Estate Content Solutions. Need easy stay-in-touch e-Marketing solutions too? Try Pop-a-Note for 99 cents!
Join RISMedia on Twitter
to connect with us and share your thoughts on this and other topics.
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com