• In May, the total number of single-family homes, condos, townhomes and co-ops for sale in the U.S. (1,852,740) increased by 5.82 percent month-over-month. On an annual basis, May 2013 inventory decreased by 10.11 percent; compared to a 14.10 percent year-over-year decrease in May 2012.
• The median list price ($199,000 for May 2013) rose by 2.10 percent over the month, and by 4.79 percent year-over-year.
• The median age of inventory of for sale listings (79) fell by approximately 13 percent in comparison to May of last year.
• May 2013 month-over-month inventories sprang up in some regions including: Stockton-Lodi, CA (37.06 percent increase); Sacramento, CA (35.18 percent increase); Daytona Beach, FL (21.97 percent increase); San Jose, CA (17.27 percent); Orange County, CA (16.50 percent); Anchorage, AK (16.06 percent); San Francisco, CA (14.87 percent); Oakland, CA (14.35 percent); Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV(VA) (12.64 percent) and Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA (11.29 percent).
• California markets continue to lead the list of the country’s top performing housing markets in median list price increases, along with Phoenix, AZ; Detroit, MI; Reno, NV; Jacksonville, FL and Orlando, FL.
• The coastal areas of the Carolinas and Philadelphia, PA, continue to be on the list of the 10 areas with the longest time on market. However, Florida markets now account for half of these markets, with a median time on market that ranged from 105 to 119 days.
Realtor.com regularly tracks real estate data and develops monthly reports featuring the number of listings, median age of inventory and median list price across the U.S. and in specific markets, as well as provides year-over-year and month-over-month changes. These reports are the only ones pulled directly from the realtor.com database, where 90 percent of listings are updated every 15 minutes from more than 800 multiple listing services. For more information on Move, visit www.move.com or one of its many online real estate properties including realtor.com at www.realtor.com.
Continue Reading 1 2
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com