The newest Homes.com Local Market Index reports the following:
- Monthly increases in 83 of the top 100 markets, off from all 100 markets improving in April. Markets with decreases in index values were marginal, with the largest decrease only 1.12 index points in Worchester, Mass.
- New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner, La. showed the largest month-over-month improvement with an increase of 6.09 index points.
- Honolulu, Hawaii remains the top gaining market on a year-over-year basis.
- California markets [San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.; Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.; and San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif.] increased year over year by 21.05, 20.73 and 18.21 index points respectively.
- Seven of the top 10 monthly gaining markets are in the West, two are from the Northeast, and one is from the South.
Highlights from the Homes.com Rebound Report for the top 100 markets show:
- 19 have made more than a 100% rebound, indicating a complete recovery in these markets. This is up from 14 markets posting a full recovery in last month’s report and 9 in the prior month.
- 39 show more than a 50% rebound, up from 35 markets in the previous report.
- Eight of the top 10 markets are from Texas and Oklahoma, with five exceeding a 200% rebound.
- Two markets in Colorado exceeded a 100% rebound. Denver-Aurora-Broomfield and Colorado Springs, Colo. rebounded 119.97% and 109.82% respectively.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com