By Stephen Schweickart
• You’ve found your latest victim’s face in your timeline and you need to duplicate that clip right above the original.
• Click the original while holding down the “alt-option” key, drag the silhouette above your original clip, and release.
• Double-click your copy, go to the effects tab to search and apply the “Mosaic” edit; you will find it beneath “video effects-stylize”
• I also want you to search for the “Crop” effect and apply it to the duplicate clip as well
• The final effect you’re going to search for and apply is the “Gaussian Blur”
• All three effects have been applied to your clip, go into the “Mosaic” effect and adjust the horizontal and vertical settings. you can make the boxes big or small, just a matter of preference.
• The next thing to do is adjust your “Gaussian Blur” settings by increasing the blur to make your blocks smoother.
• Before you jump into the “Crop” settings, make sure all the toggle animation buttons are highlighted by clicking on them. This creates a “Key Frame,” which allows you to move your effect with the movement of the subject.
• Click that square box next to the word “Crop” to add a crop outline around your footage.
• You’re going to adjust your “Crop” so it only covers your victim’s face.
• The only thing left to do now is to scroll through your footage every couple frames to move the blur so it stays on your victim’s face.
• Remember to keep all of your key frames enabled because you want that effect to follow the movement of your victim’s face.
Stephen Schweickart is the co-founder of VScreen. For more information on this topic visit VScreen’s site at www.vscreen.com.
Continue Reading 1 2
Copyright© 2013 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com