• Prices Stabilize - Despite the increase in inventories, the national median list price did not change compared to July. Absent a significant weakening in economic conditions or significantly higher rates, prices should continue to slowly rise alongside typical cost of living increases.
• Price Appreciation Becoming More Widespread - In August, 123 of the 146 Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) covered by realtor.com® registered a year-over-year increase in their median list price, with 78 markets registering an increase of 5 percent or more. Of the 18 markets reporting a list price decline, only 11 markets had a year-over-year list price decline of one percent or more, and only three markets had a list price decline of 5 percent or more. By contrast, the number of markets reporting year over year median prices lower than they were last year was 31 in July.
Local Market Highlights:
• Inventory – The following MSAs saw a significant decline in inventory:
- Melbourne, Fla.: -30 percent
- Sacramento, Calif.: -26 percent
- Stockton, Calif.: -31 percent
• Median Age – The median age of inventory increased across the board in 130 of 146 MSAs. The three biggest gainers were:
- Oakland, Calif: +25 percent
- Denver: +26 percent
- Seattle: +25 percent
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com