By Bob Goldberg
• Post a staff schedule so that you and your agents know who will be in the office and when.
• Keep personal information private. Avoid discussing where you live, after-work or vacation plans in front of potential customers.
• When you’re at the office, have a visitor log book and have each potential client fill out a customer identification form. Remember to also check their ID.
• Never let on that you are alone in the office. Say something like, “My supervisor will be right with you and should be able to assist you.”
Safety with Clients
Real estate agents number among those professionals whose business involves dealing with unfamiliar people on a daily basis. So it’s crucial that your agents be mindful of strategies for meeting unknown clients for the first time.
• Ask the prospect to meet with you initially in your office if possible.
• Let someone in your office know where you’re going, for how long and how to get a hold of you, and if possible with whom. This ensures that if you don’t check in, someone will be able to contact you.
• Check your cell phone’s strength and signal prior to showing a home. Make sure you have emergency numbers on speed dial.
• When showing a property, always leave the front door unlocked for a quick exit while you and the client are inside. As you enter each room, let your client walk in first.
• Park at the curb in front of the property rather than in the driveway. You will attract much more attention running and screaming to the curb area. It is much easier to escape in your vehicle if you don’t have to back out of a driveway. Besides, parked in a driveway, another vehicle could purposefully or accidentally trap you.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com