Survey highlights include:
Homeownership and Renting
• At 3.1 percent, the average 12-month home price change expectation continued to fall, decreasing 0.3 percent from last month.
• The share of people who say home prices will go up in the next 12 months fell by 3 percentage points to 52 percent, while those who say home prices will go down fell to match July’s survey low at 6 percent.
• The share of respondents who say mortgage rates will go up in the next 12 months increased 3 percentage points from last month to a survey high of 63 percent.
• The share who say it is a good time to buy a house increased by 1 percentage point to 72 percent; those who say it is a good time to sell a house increased by 2 percentage points to 38 percent.
• The average 12-month rental price change expectation fell to 3.4 percent.
• Fifty-two percent of those surveyed say home rental prices will go up in the next 12 months—a slight decrease from August.
• Forty-seven percent of respondents think it would be easy for them to get a home mortgage today, a slight increase from last month.
• The share of respondents who said they would buy if they were going to move increased to a survey high of 69 percent.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com