Consumer experiences with haunted real estate:
• 51 percent of respondents heard about someone else’s haunted home experience;
• 35 percent of respondents lived in a home they suspected to be haunted;
• 25 percent have researched a home’s history to find out any eerie past incidents.
Most popular “warning signs” a home could be haunted:
• 61 percent of respondents thought a cemetery on the property may be an indication;
• 50 percent shared that homes over 100 years old could be haunted;
• 45 percent thought quick transitions in owners might be a sign;
• 45 percent believe that an unexplainable low price on the home is alarming;
• 43 percent felt that homes in close proximity to a battlefield may be haunted.
Of the respondents that would consider purchasing a haunted home, many indicated that they expected discounts for haunted real estate:
• 12 percent reported that they would pay full market value or over for a haunted house for sale;
• 34 percent shared that they would purchase a haunted home if it was discounted 1 to 30 percent;
• 22 percent indicated that they would purchase a haunted home if it was discounted 31 to 50 percent;
• 19 percent revealed that they would purchase a haunted home if it was discounted 51 percent or more.
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com