The latest Homes.com Local Market Index reports the following:
• Year-over-year increases in all top 300 markets.
• Monthly increases in 89 of the top 100 markets and in 164 of the 200 midsized markets.
• Honolulu, Hawaii remains the top gaining market on a year-over-year basis with a 25.19 index point or 11.32 percent increase.
• California markets [Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.; San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif., San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.; Oxnard- Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.] are the remaining 4 in the top 5. They increased 24.97, 24.75, 24.57 and 18.43 index points, respectively, but are only an average of 31 percent back to recovery.
• Nine of the top 10 monthly gaining markets from the top 100 are in the West, up from 6 in the previous month.
Highlights from the Homes.com Rebound Report for the top 300 markets show:
• 77 have made more than a 100 percent rebound, indicating a complete recovery in these markets. This is an increase from 64 markets in the previous reporting period.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com