HUD Announces Additional $5 Billion in Recovery Funds for Those Impacted by Sandy
Have a comment on this article? Share on Facebook!
Each grantee must update its impacts and needs assessments and conduct a comprehensive risk assessment in order to inform infrastructure investments. The risk assessment must:
• Include climate change impacts;
• Account for changes in development patterns and populations;
• Address how CDBG-DR funds will address those impacts and changes and associated risks; and identify how other federally funded infrastructure projects that have been secured as part the grantee’s recovery effort will address those risks and complement the proposed projects.
• Use information and data provided by the Federal Government, including “Regional Climate Trends and Scenarios for the U.S National Climate Assessment. Part 1. Climate of the Northeast U.S.” and the “Sea Level Rise Tool for Sandy Recovery”, or comparable peer-reviewed information.
• Identify and incorporate resilience performance standards, including other relevant guidance and standards identified in the Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Strategy.
Want instant access to great articles like this for your blog or newsletter? Check out our 30-day FREE trial of REsource
Licensed Real Estate Content Solutions. Need easy stay-in-touch e-Marketing solutions too? Try Pop-a-Note for 99 cents!
Join RISMedia on Twitter
to connect with us and share your thoughts on this and other topics.
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com