The current purchase status of those surveyed includes the following:
• 28 percent of respondents reported that they are relocation buyers;
• 19 percent shared that they are existing homeowners downsizing to a smaller or less expensive home;
• 19 percent indicated that they are first-time home buyers;
• 15 percent revealed that they are current homeowners moving up to a bigger or more expensive home.
Amount of cash winter homebuyers are planning to use for their down payment:
• 13 percent of buyers are planning to put down 3.5 percent cash (United States Federal Housing Administration loan);
• 23 percent are planning to put down 10 to 20 percent cash;
• 22 percent are planning to put down 21 to 99 percent cash;
• 19 percent are planning to put down 100 percent cash.
Of those planning to use all cash, the respondents fall into the following categories:
• 29 percent of respondents are downsizing to a smaller or less expensive home;
• 26 percent are relocation buyers;
• 11 percent are moving up to a bigger or more expensive home;
• 11 percent are buying a vacation home.
Continue Reading 1 2
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com