By Verl Workman
For years as an entrepreneur, I have searched for opportunities and engaged in businesses that include everything from selling hot tubs and satellite dishes, to listing and selling real estate, and many things in between. With years of experience, achieving both success and failure, I have become increasingly skeptical about many of the so-called “opportunities” that have been presented to me.
My partner, Brent Gray, and I have been blessed to be part of many great victories in the real estate vertical and most recently a merger of our company, Pinnacle Quest Consulting, with Corcoran Consulting & Coaching. As a result of these two great coaching companies coming together, I have come to realize more than ever, that one of the best businesses I have ever been involved in is the real estate business.
Over the years, we have learned to systematically evaluate each new opportunity as it has come across our desks. The five questions we ask ourselves when evaluating any opportunity are as follows:
1. Do we wholeheartedly believe in the business, product or service?
2. Can we be passionate about our role?
3. Is it financially rewarding without undue risk?
4. Is there a “razor blade factor”?
5. Is it fun?
These five criteria have guided our actions and have served us well, and it is based upon the answers to those five questions, that I can wholeheartedly proclaim, “I LOVE REAL ESTATE!”
Let’s break down our five criteria and explore why being in real estate may be the “Ultimate Business Opportunity”:
1. Do we wholeheartedly believe in the business, product or service? The product we sell in real estate is ourselves. We don’t talk people into buying homes they don’t like, and we certainly don’t talk people into moving. Our product is our unique abilities, services, professionalism and attitude. As a result, if we demand excellence in everything we do, then our product is exceptional!
Continue Reading 1 2
Copyright© 2014 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com