By Pete Bakel
The Economy and Household Finances
• The share of respondents who say the economy is on the right track increased to 32 percent but remains low compared to earlier this year.
• The percentage of respondents who expect their personal financial situation to get worse in the next 12 months held steady at 22 percent.
• The share of respondents who say their household income is significantly lower than it was 12 months ago increased slightly to 17 percent.
• At 33 percent, the share of respondents who say their household expenses are significantly higher than they were 12 months ago fell slightly from last month.
• The most detailed consumer attitudinal survey of its kind, the Fannie Mae National Housing Survey polled 1,002 Americans via live telephone interview to assess their attitudes toward owning and renting a home, home and rental price changes, homeownership distress, the economy, household finances, and overall consumer confidence. Homeowners and renters are asked more than 100 questions used to track attitudinal shifts (findings are compared to the same survey conducted monthly beginning June 2010). Fannie Mae conducts this survey and shares monthly and quarterly results so that we may help industry partners and market participants target our collective efforts to stabilize the housing market in the near-term, and provide support in the future.
For more information, visit www.Fanniemae.com.
Continue Reading 1 2
Copyright© 2015 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com