American Home Shield, the nation’s leading provider of home protection plans, today announced the winners of its third annual Contractor Quality Bonus Program. Based on feedback from its customers about service experience, the company will present $20,000 and $15,000 bonuses to the top two contractors in the following trade categories: heating and air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, garage door, pool and spa, and appliance.
“We have more than 10,000 pre-screened professional contractors in our network, making it among the largest in the nation. We rate contractor’s performance on more than a dozen metrics, including customer feedback,” said Mark Barry, president of American Home Shield, a subsidiary of The ServiceMaster Company.
“Our contractors deliver quality service every day to thousands of homeowners across the country on our behalf, and we’re proud to recognize those who are providing a best-in-class experience.”
The top six 2012 Quality Bonus winners with the highest customer satisfaction include:
• Appliance: Technician Today, A Brylyn Corporation (Papillion, Neb.)
• Electric: Starr Electric Company Inc. (Greensboro, N.C.)
• Garage Door: J.B. Mathews Co. (Apoka, Fla.)
• HVAC: Kane Heating & Air Conditioning (Killeen, Texas)
• Plumbing: Jim Bennett’s Plumbing Inc. (Tallahassee, Fla.)
• Pool and Spa: Watertight Pool & Spa (McKinney, Texas)
The contractors with the second highest customer scores include:
• Appliance: Martin’s Appliance Repair (Cedar Hill, Tenn.)
• Electric: Jim Hubbard Electric (Deatsville, Ala.)
• Garage Door: J & L Doors (Pleasantville, Ohio)
• HVAC: Barnett Air Conditioning (Mansfield, Texas)
• Plumbing: Premium One Plumbing (Glendale, Calif.)
• Pool and Spa: Expert Pools (Frisco, Texas)
In addition, 146 contractors also earned quality bonuses ranging from $1,500 to $15,000.