Real estate markets seeing the greatest recovery are located in the South and Southwest, including:
- Texas has seen complete recovery in six markets, with three exceeding a 200 percent recovery.
- Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Okla. have fully recovered to 192.86 and 173.21 percent respectively.
- Little Rock, Ark. has fully recovered to 106.93 percent.
- Baton Rouge, La. is almost completely recovered now, with a 99.86 percent recovery which grew from the 95 percent it showed last month.
Not surprisingly, many of the bottom 10 markets suffered the most during the recession and are recovering slowly, including:
- The Northeast markets of Providence, New Bedford – Fall River, R.I. – Mass., and New Haven-Milford, Conn. are at the very bottom with 5.25 and 6.27 percent respectively.
- Coming in at less than 10 percent recovery are Las Vegas, Nev., New York, N.Y., Lakeland, Fla., Orlando, Fla., Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Modesto, Calif. and Stockton, Calif.
- Rounding out the bottom 10 is Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Conn. with a 10.04 percent recovery.
Resources:?The “Homes.com Rebound Report” summary can be viewed here.
The rebound percentages for the top 100 markets in March 2013 values can be viewed here.
For more information, visit www.Homes.com.