The Executor (hands-dominant)
• Excels at project planning and execution
• Accomplishes tasks in a timely and efficient manner
• Can be depended upon to do what’s asked
• Freely shares information and materials so other have the training, tools and resources they need
• Pushes the team to set high performance standards
• Loses sight of the big picture – the goal of the change process
• Lacks patience with people and process issues
• Pushes for unrealistic performance standards
• Becomes impatient with other team members who don’t live up to standards
• Goes into data overload, providing too much detailed information.
Coaching: Expand your definition “execution.” Engage people by making a compelling case for the change so you’ll have their support, and take time-outs periodically to evaluate your goals and strategy.