After wrapping up the contest, we identified some challenges that needed improvement and some areas that we can capitalize on in subsequent contests.
• Encourage interaction within individual pins. By commenting in or liking others’ pins, users generate more hype and exposure for that pin, the related topic and ultimately your brand.
• Use Linky Party to track contest entries. When a user submits a board to enter a contest, a staff member receives a notification alerting them to the new board and the entrants’ location. This information is useful to track the reach of your contest across the country and could be an opportunity to enhance local advertising in your area or possible beyond.
• Engage with participants’ pins and boards. To strengthen the relationship with your followers, re-pin, comment and/or like your participants’ pins, and ask questions to encourage conversation and responding to comments promptly. This activity will
• Make your entry instructions very clear. Make sure your instructions on entering the contest and its rules and regulations are clear to your entrants. If entrants seem confused or are having issues, contract them immediately to troubleshoot their concerns. During our contest, we found some entrants couldn’t “link-up” to enter. We chose to contact them directly to help remedy the situation which helped our contest flourish as well as show our fan-base that we are there to help.
• Get in front of mobile users. Move the contest board on your Pinterest page to the top so that mobile visitors will spot the contest as soon as they land on the page rather than having to scroll.