Do you find that the mere thought of prospecting for new clients makes everything else on your calendar seem incredibly important? Prospecting is one of the most important tasks that every real estate agent must spend time on, but when it comes down to actually picking up the phone to cold-call prospects, the phone invariably feels infinitely heavier.
In an article by Dr. Maya Bailey, she shares common misconceptions and self-limiting beliefs that often plague real estate agents. She describes them as the difference between just getting by and making a very comfortable living.
Dr. Bailey’s common misconceptions include:
• “I won’t know what to say”
• “I don’t have time to prospect”
• “I’ll be seen as a telemarketer”
Dr. Bailey’s self-limiting beliefs are:
• “If I prospect, I will be bothering people”
• “If I prospect, I will be judged and rejected”
• “If I prospect, I will be seen as a pushy salesperson”
After reading that list, is it any wonder we have such a hard time picking up the phone and prospecting?