Among other survey findings:
• First-time home buyers and sellers are most influenced by a company’s good reputation and the recommendations they receive from friends, family and colleagues.
• More than one-third (35 percent) of first-time home buyers and 27 percent of first-time sellers indicate they selected their real estate company based on its reputation.
• 28 percent of first-time home buyers and 27 percent of first-time sellers selected their company based on recommendations.
• Overall satisfaction with real estate companies is higher among repeat customers compared to first-time buyers or sellers.|
• Suggesting better times in residential real estate, the percentage of first-time home sellers increased to 44 percent in 2013 from 30 percent in 2012.
• The percentage of first-time home buyers also increased significantly, 49 percent in 2013 vs. 40 percent a year ago.