Consumer experiences with haunted real estate:
• 51 percent of respondents heard about someone else’s haunted home experience;
• 35 percent of respondents lived in a home they suspected to be haunted;
• 25 percent have researched a home’s history to find out any eerie past incidents.
Most popular “warning signs” a home could be haunted:
• 61 percent of respondents thought a cemetery on the property may be an indication;
• 50 percent shared that homes over 100 years old could be haunted;
• 45 percent thought quick transitions in owners might be a sign;
• 45 percent believe that an unexplainable low price on the home is alarming;
• 43 percent felt that homes in close proximity to a battlefield may be haunted.
Of the respondents that would consider purchasing a haunted home, many indicated that they expected discounts for haunted real estate:
• 12 percent reported that they would pay full market value or over for a haunted house for sale;
• 34 percent shared that they would purchase a haunted home if it was discounted 1 to 30 percent;
• 22 percent indicated that they would purchase a haunted home if it was discounted 31 to 50 percent;
• 19 percent revealed that they would purchase a haunted home if it was discounted 51 percent or more.